Altamonte Springs Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Hit 7’s After an AccidentCall 407-777-7777
Benefits Provided Under Workers’ Compensation
There are three primary benefit types available to employees under workers’ compensation insurance:
- Medical benefits. Employees are entitled to all necessary and reasonable medical coverage.
- Lost wage compensation. There are four types of wage-replacement benefits:
- Temporary total disability benefits – intended for those who cannot work;
- Temporary partial disability benefits – intended for those who can work, but not at the same capacity that they could prior to injury;
- Impairment income benefits – benefits based on a permanent impairment rating above zero percent; and
- Permanent total disability benefits – which are intended for those who will never be able to work again.
- Death benefits. If a workplace injury results in death, funeral expenses, educational benefits to the surviving spouse, and financial compensation to dependents may be available.
When you hire me I will be responsive and attentive to your calls and questions. I will return phone calls and be in my office when you need me. I do not golf nor do I take much time off. I am not a trust fund baby. My parents are not doctors and lawyers. They were hard working middle class people before they both passed away while I was in law school over 10 years ago. I am a nice generous person that will treat you with respect. I am married and a father of two young children. When I am not spending time with my family I will be in my office working ON YOUR CASE. You are my client but you are also my employer – I WORK FOR YOU and will work as hard as possible to make you feel I will be your go to lawyer for the rest of your life.LEARN MORE
How to Recover Workers’ Compensation Benefits
If you are injured while working in Altamonte Springs, it is important that you take steps immediately to ensure your right to benefits. These steps include:
- Report the injury to your employer as soon as possible, but never more than 30 days after its occurrence.
- Get medical care, and be sure that the doctor who treats you is authorized by your workers’ compensation insurance provider.
- Report the injury to the insurance company. Typically, your employer will be responsible for doing this after you provide notice of the injury; however, you are responsible for following up and making sure that it is actually done.
- Follow the doctor’s orders, as failing to do so may result in a decrease in compensation.
- Call an attorney – when you work with an attorney, you improve your chances of getting your maximum compensation amount.
Keep in mind that it is not uncommon for employers to deny employees benefits, for an insurance company to dispute the location or cause of the accident to avoid liability, or for an insurance company to state that injuries are “pre-existing” and therefore not eligible for coverage. If you encounter any of these issues, call a legal professional immediately.
Our Altamonte Springs Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Want to Help
Our legal team at the Benenati Law Firm is passionate about protecting the right of workers in our city to seek workers’ compensation benefits. If you have been harmed at work, do not hesitate to contact our Altamonte Springs workers’ compensation lawyers for your free consultation. We will work hard for you and put your needs first.
Hit 7’s After an Accident
The Benenati Law Firm serves personal injury clients, as well as those going through the bankruptcy process. Our practice areas include:
Do Not Settle For Less
Our oath to you is handling your case from start to finish effectively, competently, and aggressively. Why settle for less than you deserve at a huge law firm. Our goal is not to be the biggest but instead the best. We will work on achieving that every day and with every case we take on. We have Offices in Orlando, and Kissimmee for your convenience but if you prefer we come to you, we will do so; not with an “investigator,” but with an Attorney at your home. Allow us the opportunity to give you the
Representation for injuries including:
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
personal attention you deserve in your case. This is not assembly line justice. You deserve better.
You were involved in an accident. You are suffering and injured and you want someone to pay for that suffering. That is why you are looking for a personal injury lawyer. Too many times, someone hires a large law firm and gets lost in the shuffle. That will not happen in our firm. Do not let it happen to you.
Whether you have suffered a serious injury because of another’s negligence, or you are suffocating under mountains of debt, a consultation with the Benenati Law Firm may prove to be extremely advantageous. We encourage you to call our offices today at 407-777-7777, or fill out our online form to request your free, no-obligation, and completely confidential case consultation. If you are unable to travel to our location during our office hours, we offer after-hours and home visits for your convenience, too.
Hit 7’s After an Accident
We Have The Awards
The Benenati Law Firm has received numerous awards and recognitions over the years for our legal services. These include, but are not limited to, recognition from Avvo, Super Lawyers, Florida Legal Elite, and The National Advocates Top Lawyers.
Don't Just Take Our Word for It
“The Benenati law firm makes you believe that you are the single most important PERSON (not case) to them. Throughout the entire process, they maintained weekly contact with me, asking how I was doing or if I needed anything. I was provided with frequent updates as to how my case was progressing and was pleasantly surprised with the speed at which they were able to reach a substantial settlement. I've had the unfortunate experience of dealing with other well-known personal injury attorneys in Orlando who were unable to provide the level of expertise, care and service that Walter Benenati and his team can!”
“I would like to thank the Benenati Law Firm for helping to take the stress out of dealing with the insurance company and for everyone being very professional and always available to take my calls. The speed of the case being closed exceeded my expectations and any future needs I will definitely be contacting them.”
“My experience with the Benenati Law Firm in Orlando was a great experience. They helped right away after a heartbreaking experience at another law firm. THEY MADE MORE PROGRESS IN MY CASE IN TWO MONTHS THAN 2 YEARS WITH MY FORMER LAW FIRM. I am so grateful.”