Thomas Scolaro is an expert trial lawyer who handles litigation on a number of personal injury cases for the Benenati Law Firm. Over the course of his career, Scolaro has obtained over $100 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of injured victims throughout Florida. Scolaro handles all types of complex liability and severe injury cases in all courts throughout Florida. He is a nationally recognized leader in negligent security cases and an advocate for civil justice for crime victims.
He has also advocated and helped pass legislation that now requires any new construction of hotels and resorts with boilers in Florida to have carbon monoxide detectors. Mr. Scolaro pursued this legislation after 25 clients, who were unsuspecting tourists of the Grand Key Resort, suffered carbon monoxide poisoning emanating from the hotel’s boiler system.
Just in the last few years, Scolaro has resolved cases ranging from premises liability, to construction site accidents, sexual assault, and motor vehicle accident cases with catastrophic injuries to his clients. Recently, Scolaro secured a settlement of $7 million, when there was only a $1 million insurance policy, for a young man who became partially paralyzed after falling from the second floor of an apartment complex. He also represented another young man recently who sustained a traumatic brain injury following a rear-end accident caused by a drunk driver.
- Top Up-and-Coming Lawyers in South Florida, South Florida Legal Guide
- 2006, 2007
- Peer selected out of 23,000 practicing lawyers in South Florida
- Florida Trend Legal EliteJ 2005, 2006 (Top Up-and-Coming Lawyers in Florida)
- Superlawyers – Florida Rising Stars 2011, 2012
- Nominated as Most Effective Lawyers in Personal Injury by Daily Business Review
- Juris Doctor (with honors), The University of Miami School of Law, 1999
- HONORS: Dean’s List
- Litigation Skills Trial Class Honors
- LAW REVIEWS: Business Law Review
- Psychology, Public Policy, and Law – Managing Editor
- Bachelor of Science (with honors), Manhattan College, 1996
- Dean’s Honor List
- WGA Scholarship
Admitted To Practice
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
We Have The Awards
The Benenati Law Firm has received numerous awards and recognitions over the years for our legal services. These include, but are not limited to, recognition from Avvo, Super Lawyers, Florida Legal Elite, and The National Advocates Top Lawyers.
Words About Walter
From the moment I stepped into Mr. Benenati’s office I was blown away by the loving, caring & professionalism of the staff. Especially Mr. Benenati himself taking the time to actually counsel with me and show more compassion than I ever would have expected!
Whether you have suffered a serious injury because of another’s negligence, or you are suffocating under mountains of debt, a consultation with the Benenati Law Firm may prove to be extremely advantageous. We encourage you to call our offices today at 407-777-7777, or fill out our online form to request your free, no-obligation, and completely confidential case consultation. If you are unable to travel to our location during our office hours, we offer after-hours and home visits for your convenience, too.